According to the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) report published February 4, 2022, the Top Ten issues confronting hospitals (Top Issues Confronting Hospitals in 2021 | American College of Healthcare Executives (ache.org)) are:
- Personnel shortages (all types)
- Financial challenges
- Patient safety and quality
- Behavior health/addiction issues
- Governmental mandates
- Access to care
- Patient satisfaction
- Physician-hospital relations
- Population health management
- Reorganization (M&A)
In a breakdown of financial challenges, the ACHE survey executives found the following areas, among others, to be profound:
- Bad debt (including uncollectable Emergency Department and other charges)
- Inadequate funding for capital improvements
- Revenue cycle management (converting charges to cash)
- Managed care and other commercial insurance payments
- Emergency department overuse
- And other increasing costs and collection issues
And where patient safety and quality is concerned:
- High price/insufficient reimbursement for medications (among others)
These are very real issues affecting hospital performance and patient access to care. Every dollar found in Revenue Cycle recovery efforts more than doubles its impact to the Healthcare organization and their Staff. For Patients it is many, many times that!
AuBiqua’s surgically precise analysis of data resulting in additional recovery of bad debt of 3% to 5% helps with these issues without adding any additional work to the hospital staff. No new dashboards, processes, or stress to an already overburdened revenue cycle department. AuBiqua is new but the team that built it is the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry, bar none.
Let us explain. Check out www.aubiqua.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. It will be well worth your time.